Facilities Administrator / Facilities Design Engineer
March 2010 – June 2013
Expedient is a premiere provider of managed and data center services which includes cloud computing and colocation. Expedient is headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and currently operates 12 data centers in the eastern United States.
As part of the facilities team, I worked directly with the Director of Facilities Engineering in the planning, design, engineering, and operations of multiple data centers. I was responsible for technical data collection and reporting, review of electrical/mechanical maintenance programs and providing feasibility and reliability studies.
– Expertly implemented and managed all control and monitoring systems for eight data centers integrating over 80,000 data points.
– Designed and implemented the graphical user interface for the centralized monitoring and alarming system.
– Oversaw and implemented in-house software system for capacity planning and power utilization.
– Provided detailed technical documentation for all data centers and newly implemented software systems
– Increased business awareness by producing monthly forecast, utilization, and kpi reports using java, ruby, and mySQL.