Hands on learning and practical experience is important for developing a deeper understanding of a concepts. Through course assignments, labs, and personal projects I strive to connect the theoretical to the practical. This includes strengthening my abilities working with software, electronics, and embedded systems.
Most recently I have acquired various components to gain practical experience with robotics. Some components are listed below. New robotics projects will be posted as they develop.
- SparkFun Shadow Chassis
- SparkFun Line Follower Sensor
- SparkFun Mechanical Bumper Sensor
- Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum (Looking forward to playing around with the LIDAR. Paper here describes it.)
- BeagleBone Black (32 bit ARM Cortex A8)
Some other development boards I have acquired over the years
- BeagleBoard XM (32 bit ARM Cortex A8)
- STMicroelectronics STM32F107 (32 bit ARM Cortex M3)
- TI EKK-LM3S811 (32 bit Arm Cortex M3)
- Atmel STK600 (8 bit ATmega2560)
- Arrow MAX 10 DECA (Altera MAX 10M50 FPGA)
- Digilent Basys 2 (Xilinx Spartan 3E FPGA)
- Altera DE2-115 (Altera Cyclone IV FPGA)
- PIC Custom Microcontroller (8 bit PIC18F4620)
Here are a few of my favorite projects.